You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-11 04:57:50

niqui

Plen 2 servos moving in random positions

I recently received my PLEN 2 fully assembled and tested robot and it worked well out of the box with the Android App Scenography. I then connected it to the Motion Editor on my Mac computer via a USB connection and it worked well for a few minutes, then all of a sudden all of PLEN's servos moved into random positions and his arms and legs got all twisted up.

I tried resetting the home positions with the "PLENUtilities for Web" tool as well as PLEN-Check on my android device but nothing seems to work. Now every time that I turn PLEN on the servos automatically go into a twisted position and sound like they are working really hard.

Thanks,
-NiQui

#2 2016-06-11 16:04:35

niqui

Re: Plen 2 servos moving in random positions

yeah, the battery is fully charged, and because it is fully charged, the servos have a lot of power to work really hard, and I'm afraid that they are going to burn out when endlessly trying to twist.

#3 2016-06-13 07:40:11

Croy

You might try reloading the firmware to the control board. I think it resets  the home positions.

#4 2016-06-14 05:56:16

Guvalif
Website

Hi, PLEN users!

If really the battery is fully charged, PLEN doesn't move into random.
Thus, I think the issue probably caused by early failures on your battery or battery charger.

If you would like to check it, please send us your PLEN to following address:
3F Meijiyasuda-Life Osaka Umeda Bidg. 3-3-20 Umeda Kita-ku Osaka-city Osaka 530-0001 Japan

Please note that you need to write the word "NOT RESTRICTED" in a bill of landing, in a shipping.

Board footer