You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-10 15:54:07

spacorum

Can´t set HOME positions on servos

I downloaded ControlServer for Windows. I launch it, I can move the servos with it.

Every servo has the wrong position (after mounting the full robot) so I need to set the home positions before anything. But I can´t do it, or I don´t know well how to do it. For example: when I turn on the PLEN servos, the left arm goes up (half way) and it thinks that is the home position.

So I move the slider, putting it down. Then I press HOME to set the new initial position.
But if I press RESET, the servo moves again to the original (bad) position. Nothing has changed. I tried with every servo with the same problem. Position are not stored, so if I turn PLEN off and on, the home positions are still wrong.

Maybe this is not instant? Maybe I need to unplug PLEN after storing it?
PLEASE, HELP!! This is not explained anywhere and is not so easy to understand.
I think the setup workflow is strange, complex and little intuitive.

Thanks

Last edited by spacorum (2016-08-10 16:21:37)

#2 2016-12-02 09:49:39

Guvalif
Website

Re: Can´t set HOME positions on servos

Hi spacorum,

The old version control sever has confusing UI/UX...
"RESET" button means "Set a joint to degree 0", not "Move a joint to the home position".

I fixed this bad UI/UX on the latest version. Please try to use it :)

#3 2017-01-13 13:21:40

High-Gi

Hey spacorum!

We are facing the same problem. We tried to set the home position and load the motion(s) several times, but he is always getting back to a very strange poise of body.

Have you solved your problem yet?
Greets
High-gi

#4 2017-03-06 02:27:55

hughkim

Same problem here too. Home position is not set, so whenever I initiate the motion editor, or ios app, PLEN servos go certain undesired locations. In addition, servos are really hard to set up to make straight the PLEN.

Last edited by hughkim (2017-03-06 02:28:20)

#5 2017-03-27 10:05:08

Guvalif
Website

Hi guys,

Just for reference, I introduce one of the assembling ways without any troubles below:
1. Connect your laptop with only PLEN's control board
2. Upload the latest version firmware -> https://github.com/plenprojectcompany/p … ses/latest
3. Run the latest version control server -> https://github.com/plenprojectcompany/p … ses/latest
4. Open PLEN_Utils.url
5. Click "Reset All" button
6. Connect PLEN's battery with the control board, after that, begin to connect each servos cables and assemble exterior parts, with turning on both switches and keep them turned on.
7. When you finished assembling PLEN, PLEN should be standing approximately straightly.
   If not, you need to re-assemble it for tuning home positions without servos breaking.
8. Tune home positions using the control server.

#6 2017-09-03 03:05:09

hungpin

Dear All :

I did all 8 steps
Still not work, once I power on.
Is anypossible because  I use ES08MD II  causing this issue ?
Or any configure file I need to check again ?

Last edited by hungpin (2017-09-03 03:05:51)

Board footer