You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-09 18:12:29

spacorum

Running ControlServer tool on Windows

Hello, I have a PLEN from months and still I cannot work with it.
I was using the ControlServer v2.0.0 for Windows, in order to reset the servo positions (which I was never able to do, every time I press RESET, the servos return to the original position, not the right one).

I read that maybe upgrading the firmware would work, but the firmware is already up to date (I think, downloaded on May).
Now, I cannot find anymore the ControlServer.exe (executable for Windows) that I previously downloaded. Now, the new version only has some kind of Python files or something. No exe, no way to launch the server as before. How can I do it??

The README file from the ControlServer at your respository has zero information about this:
https://github.com/plenprojectcompany/p … /README.md

I feel like going backwards on this.. First, problems to reset the servo positions. Now, I cannot even launch the tool itself.
Help me, please. This robot is a pain to setup!!

#2 2016-08-09 18:46:09

spacorum

Re: Running ControlServer tool on Windows

For someone on similar situation. I was able to download the executable file here:
https://github.com/plenprojectcompany/p … r/releases

I had to search on Google for "ControlServer.exe" to find it.. Please, put a link to this files on the README.

#3 2016-08-09 18:56:30

spacorum

Ok, I finally uploaded the new firmware, in case it was updated from May.
Now, when I turn on both switches, the PLEN takes a strange position, forcing every single servo.
It is also making random moves sometimes. Is this part of its "personality" I uploaded?

Now, when I try to launch the Control Server, it detects the PLEN, but I cannot move any servo.
How can I turn off the random movements and set the home positions now? Should I upload a special firmware to do this??

Thanks in advance

#4 2016-08-10 11:05:31

spacorum

Could someone at Support give me some advice?
I inserted the battery today, turned PLEN on, and it started again to make random moves.
The ControlServer responds, but when I press the HOME button, the position is not set.
So everytime I press RESET, it moves to its original "home" position.

I´m afraid to burn the servos, so please help me.
Thanks

#5 2017-03-27 10:22:46

Guvalif
Website

Hi spacorum,

Please refer to the topic right-hand: https://plen.jp/playground/forum/viewto … d=415#p415

#6 2017-09-02 19:20:18

hungpin

Dear Sir :

I have problem to "reset  all"  in control server(ControlServer_Win_v2.4.0)  to let PLEN2 Stand straight , once I connect power on.
I  also press the HOME button, the position is not set to right position, if I power on again.
My environment:  plen-Firmware_Arduino-1.4.1  -> OK
servo : ES08MD II
Just buy from Japan: 1x PLEN2 Control Board  ;  1x PLEN2 Head Board  (Bluetooth SMART Module; Six-axis Sensor (Gyro + Accelerometer)

What file I need to modify or any setting I need to adjust ?

Board footer