You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-15 08:10:01

Chin

Problems with Home Positions Tuning

I have tried to set home position as suggested in PLEN Playground.
My robot seemed to be standing up straightly at the first time, just only some servo made noise and needed to have an adjustment.
However, after I have done the adjustment for those servos, the robot was straightly standing but the noise still didn't stop, suddenly the smoke came out from one of the servos, which might be broken, I guess?  I had to pull out the battery immediately, and leave until they all cooling down.
I tried to connect again, the robot was already in the straight position, but the noise still there.  I'm afraid to break more servos, I have to stop doing tuning home position.

From the picture at Tuning Up Home Positions Page, Do I need to turn two Switches on after connecting the cable?  I couldn't make any adjustment without turning them on.
After running server.app and PLENUtilities.webloc for mac version 2.0.1, there is Connection Status which nothing happen when pressing connect button, or it is automatically connect after the cable is connected to the robot?

Could you please suggest how to set home position without breaking servo again?

#2 2016-06-16 08:23:19

Guvalif
Website

Re: Problems with Home Positions Tuning

Hi, Chin

If a servo makes a loud noise, probably there is breaking of servo's wire.
Please check if your servos' cables have any breaking, and if you find that, you shouldn't turn on switches.
(To make a little noise isn't any failure, put your mind at ease ;) )

> Do I need to turn two Switches on after connecting the cable?
To turn on after connecting or before connecting, either is fine.

> it is automatically connect after the cable is connected to the robot?
If you run the application after connecting cable, that's right you intended.
In other cases, you need to click "Connect" button, and check that connection status is "Connected!".

#3 2016-06-29 09:12:21

Chin

Hi, Guvalif
This time I try to set home position for servo No.6 only, no noise at all, after 3 minutes smoke came out of this servo, but the servo is still working. What should I do?

#4 2016-07-07 08:25:41

Guvalif
Website

Hi, Chin

I was amazed to see your topic because generally if smoke comes out from any servo, the servo doesn't work.
But if you don't have any problem currently, I think there is no work you should do.

Board footer