You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-01 23:41:56

klaus4040

Bluetooth Pairing

Hi, let me first say how much I love this project.

I have run into a problem recently. During my first test I was able to pair my Android tablet just fine (Nexus 9 w/ Android 6), but I had problems with sending commands with Android programs. So I tried my phone (Galaxy S4) as well but I could not pair. After a new firmware flash I unpaired my tablet and since then any try to pair with any device only returns a "connection refused" error (even with the previously working tablet). Can only one device be paired at the same time and the Bluetooth board still thinks my tablet holds the spot? Can I reset this somehow? When I try to pair the eyes start to glow for a few seconds, that's it.

The firmware on the arduino board seems to have flashed fine, since the "<VI" command (while on USB) returns the expected JSON string.

thanks ;)

#2 2015-12-03 02:59:19

Guvalif
Website

Re: Bluetooth Pairing

Hi, klaus4040

Thank you for your cheering! We work for people get more fun through PLEN, always have, always will :)

Just for confirmation, are you using "Scenography"?
If that's the case, you don't have to pair a phone and PLEN :)
(We have implemented the communication method based on Bluetooth smart, so pairing process is done automatically.)

Last edited by Guvalif (2015-12-03 02:59:49)

#3 2015-12-03 07:36:17

klaus4040

Thanks, I got a connection with my phone now (Android 5.1.1 CM12.1) but my tablet won't find it the same way (Android 6). The scan progress dialog only stays up for about a second, then it simply says "PLEN not found". I will try to get a logcat when I'm home again this evening.   I also tried restarting the tablet and of course the PLEN to rule that out. They both show PLEND at the OS bluetooth scanning screen.

My mistake was that I am used to pairing and my tablet got a pair once. So I kept on trying. Also I mistook the magnifying glass for a button to search the motions, not to establish a connection. So I never touched it.

When the app starts it says "PLEN disconnected" right away. Maybe the connection process could start here.

#4 2015-12-03 12:52:51

klaus4040

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3301 … er-devices

enabling GPS on the tablet made everything work ;)

#5 2015-12-04 04:21:03

Guvalif
Website

Thank you for the information! This is quiete useful :)

We will test in due course.

Board footer